You’ve decided, “It’s time to move on, and I need to sell my house fast in Phoenix.” The next step is figuring out the best way to do it. Should you hire a realtor and let them handle the process, or can you manage the sale? To answer these questions, you need to consider several factors like how much time and money you’re willing to put into the sale and how fast you want the house sold.
In some cases, going with a realtor is in the seller’s best interests, and in other cases, it is not. Before you hire a realtor, you need to understand the pros and cons of working with a real estate agent. Then, you can review your options and make the right choice.
Pros of Working with a Real Estate Agent
The benefits of hiring a realtor are plentiful, provided you have the right agent. Here are some of the advantages:
- Get Access to Expert Advice: Licensed realtors know the ins and outs of the real estate market in Phoenix. They can help you navigate the sale by handling paperwork, legal requirements, and any complications that arise.
- Gain Access to Renovators and Home Repairers: Realtors can connect you with the best home repairers in the neighborhood. You can use their services to make repairs and renovate your home to make it appealing to potential buyers.
- Handle Negotiations on Your Behalf: Negotiations are a crucial part of selling your home. A good agent can negotiate on your behalf, helping you maximize profits.
Cons of Hiring a Real Estate Agent
- Realtor Commissions: The biggest drawback of working with real estate agents is paying commissions. Hiring an agent, especially one with experience and expertise, is expensive. You generally pay 6% of the total sale price as realtor commissions, and the commission is 6% of the sale price and not 6% of the profits. It is a considerable amount and is likely to eat up most of your gains.
- No Special Attention: Your house may be just a number to a realtor. It’s one among the many in their portfolio, so you’re unlikely to receive special attention. The busier and more popular the agent, the less likely they can spend time with your sale.
- Dealing with Intermediates: All transactions go through an intermediate when you appoint a realtor. You cannot negotiate directly with the buyer.
- Proceed on Someone Else’s Timeline: You have to proceed according to the realtor’s timeline when you work with them. Listing and selling a home the traditional way can take anywhere from a few weeks to even months. So, if you’re looking to sell a house fast in Phoenix, then working with a realtor isn’t the best choice.
It pays to analyze the pros and cons of hiring a realtor so you can make the best choice for your situation. There are also other options like selling directly to top-rated cash home buyers in Phoenix like Go Fast Offer. Get in touch with our team and request a free quote today to sell your house without a realtor.